Medical care falls under the following four broad categories
- Preventive Care
- The old adage that prevention is better than cure is still valid. A number of conditions and medical problems can be prevented by proper routine preventive measures including immunization and regular medical checkups.
- Health Maintenance
- Instead of crisis management on an urgent basis when you fall sick it is better to maintain good health by regular lifestyle modifications, exercise and routine medical checkups.
- Acute Illness
- Care of acute illness requires admission to the hospital for different medical conditions. Doctors Hospital has a full complement of highly qualified and experienced specialists under one roof run. Ancillary support from well equipped departments of Radiology and Pathology is available in house.
- Rehabilitation after illnesses such stroke, heart attacks, and diabetes is available. Physical therapy in hospital and at home is also available.
Our services in the Department of Internal Medicine include:
- Comprehensive executive checkups which include a multispecialty approach with state-of-the-art diagnostic tests custom tailored to the patient’s requirements.
- Preventive screenings and adult immunizations
- Routine medical check-ups
- Comprehensive medical checkup whether required for employment or for travel
- Health risk assessment and prevention
- Personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, joint problems, thyroid problems, lung problems and other long-term medical conditions
- Geriatric care (Care of the elderly)
- Weight control and treatment of obesity
- Nutritional guidance
- Referrals to specialists who are among the country’s best and have access to advanced technology and innovative research
Fully functional Diabetes Care Clinic is present on the premises
- Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes is diagnosed and treated according to current international guidelines
- Diabetic complications are treated by a multidisciplinary approach
- Nutritional counseling is available
- Foot care
- Eye care
- Management of gestational diabetes (diabetes during pregnancy)
- Kidney care
Evaluation and optimization of the patient’s medical condition prior to complex surgical operations and after the operation medical management.