If you are experiencing a medical emergency please do not hesitate and contact us immediately via the following numbers:
- Doctors Hospital Contact: 92-42-35302701-14 (14 lines)
- For emergencies please use extension: 271 or 272 to be connected directly to the emergency department.
- Emergency Ambulance: Dial 1122 and request for Doctors Hospital Lahore.
The goal of Doctors Hospital’s emergency medical services is to provide treatment to those in need of urgent medical care, with the goal of satisfactorily treating the presenting conditions, and/or arranging for timely removal of the patient to the next point of definitive care. Our emergency medical services are more than just a simple system of ambulances providing only transportation, we have developed a system in which preliminary medical care is given on scene and during transport.
If you experience any of the following conditions please seek emergency care:
- Breathing difficulty of any type
- Chest pain or pressure
- Acute abdominal pain
- Heavy bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Motor vehicle crash injuries
- Head or neck injuries
- Sudden severe headaches, paralysis, seizure, or stroke symptoms
How to identify a few selected emergencies
- Identify a Stroke F.A.S.T
- Facial drooping: A section of the face, usually only on one side, that is drooping and hard to move
- Arm weakness: The inability to raise one’s arm fully
- Speech difficulties: An inability or difficulty to understand or produce speech
- Time: If any of the symptoms above are showing, time is of the essence; call for emergency services or go to the hospital.
- Help S.T.O.P a Heart Attack
- S – Shortness of breath
- T – Tightness of the chest, or pressure – feels like an elephant sitting on the chest
- O – Other symptoms such as cold sweats, weakness or fatigue, heart palpitations, dizziness or even loss of consciousness
- P – Pain in the chest, throat, neck, jaw, arms or back
Ambulance Services : How our ambulances are different
By special arrangements we can provide ambulance equipped with portable monitors and portable ventilators supervised by a highly trained paramedic or doctor.
- Transfers from different hospitals for seriously ill patients requiring ventilator and monitor support.
- Transport of patients from home to the hospital.
- Transport of patients from hospital to home.
Partnerships with other regional ambulance services:
- 1122 can bring patients to Doctors Hospital on request if the patient’s condition allows it.
What to expect when arriving at the Emergency Room
- Drop-Off Area
- Patients and family members may be dropped off at the front entrance by using the front driveway of the main hospital. Valet parking services are available
- Waiting Time
- You will be seen promptly by a trained nurse and a trained emergency room physician. By design the waiting time is kept to the bare minimum.
- Patients who urgently need resuscitation and intensive care are shifted to the respective intensive care units for further treatment.
- In house diagnostic facilities in the department of Radiology and Pathology are always available.